BELOIT POETRY JOURNAL with the support of the Adrienne Rich Literary Trust invites submissions for
The Adrienne Rich Award for Poetry
- $1,500 prize for a single poem
- Judge: Patricia Smith
- Submissions Open March 1 - April 30, 2019
- Submit (via Submittable) 1-3 unpublished poems on any subject in any style up to a maximum of 10 pages per entry. (We enjoy long poems!)
- Reading fee of $15 per entry. A limited number of complimentary entries are available to poets for whom the fee represents a hardship.
- Simultaneous submissions welcome. Please notify us immediately of publication elsewhere. We regret we cannot accept postal mail entries, entries after the deadline, or changes to poems after submission.
- Please no translations (though we are happy to see these during our regular reading periods).
- Kindly refrain from placing your name anywhere on your manuscript.
- The editors will consider all submissions for publication.
- Finalists will be notified by June 30; the winner will be announced and published in the Fall 2019 issue of the BPJ.
- We follow the CLMP Guidelines for contests and are committed, in all we do, to the highest ethical standards. If you are a personal friend, family member, or student of any BPJ editor or of the judge, or if you are a former or current intern or staff member of the BPJ, please refrain from submitting.
“…every poem breaks a silence that had to be overcome…”